The Knox Community Health Center will celebrate National Health Center Week 2022 this year from August 7 – August 13. This year’s theme is Community Health Centers: The Chemistry for Strong Communities. Health centers provide preventive and primary care services to nearly 29 million people and have continued to do so while facing a global pandemic. While our approach is community-based and local, collectively we are the backbone of the nation’s primary care system. Community Health Centers lower health care costs to the tune of 24 billion dollars a year, reduce rates chronic diseases, and stimulate local economies.
At the Knox Community Health Center, we provide Medical, Dental and Behavioral Health Services. Community Health Centers are not just healers, we are innovators who look beyond medical charts to address the factors that may cause poor health, such as poverty, homelessness, substance use, mental illness, lack of nutrition, and unemployment. We are a critical piece of the health care systems and collaborate with hospitals, local and state governments, social, health and business organizations to improve health outcome for people who are medically at risk. We have pivoted to serving our communities through telehealth, drive through COVID-19 testing, and still ensuring our patients can access necessities like food and housing resources.
Our Medical team consist of Dr. Robert Wagner and Carol Sacco, MSN, APN, NP, both who are currently accepting new patients of all ages. The Health Center accepts patients of all ages and offers services on an income-based sliding fee scale for those who qualify. To schedule an appointment with our medical team, please call 309-344-2225, Monday through Friday 7:15am to 5:00 pm
Staff from the Health Center will be out in the community offering FREE at home self-test COVID-19 Kits & N95 Masks. Limit two test kits per household and a limit of three N95 masks per person. They will also be highlighting the behavioral health, dental and medical services they offer. Location the Health Center will be present at:
- Monday, August 8th at Salvation Army (510 N. Kellogg St, Galesburg) 9:00 am to 11:00am
- Tuesday, August 9th at Goodwill (1338 N. Henderson St, Galesburg) 9:00am-11:00am
- Wednesday, August 10th at Galesburg Public Library (40 E. Simmons, Galesburg) 9:30am-11:30am
- Wednesday, August 10th St. Vincent De Paul Society Food Pantry (273 S. Prairie St. Galesburg 1:00pm-2:00pm (weather permitting)
- Thursday, August 11th at VNA Community Services (2262 Grand Ave, Galesburg) 11:00am-Noon
- Thursday, August 11th at First Lutheran Church Food Pantry (364 E. Waters St, Galesburg) 1:00pm-2:00pm
- Thursday, August 11th at the Knox Prairie Community Kitchen 5:00pm-6:00pm
- Saturday, August 13th at NAACP Community Cookout (Kiwanis Park, 2191 E. Knox St, Galesburg) 10:00am-2:00pm.
In addition to these dates, self-test COVID-19 Kits & N95 masks are available at the Knox Community Health Center Monday through Friday 7:00am-5:00pm.
Whether you are looking for a family doctor, family nurse practitioner, a family dentist or a behavioral health counselor-Knox Community Health Center can be your “provider of choice” for your entire family. Come see us today & we’ll be here when you need us later.
***Courtesy of the Knox County Health Department***