Thanks for subscribing! Please check your email for further instructions.
Midwest Bank will be holding their bi-annual Ag Seminar ‘Challenges and Opportunities in Ag’ on Thursday, February 20th at the Monmouth VFW beginning at 8 am with registration. President and CEO Chris Gavin has the rundown:
“At eight o’clock we will start with registration. There will be coffee and donuts form eight to nine and a chance to visit with people. At nine o’clock we will start the program. We have Eric Sorenson, the weatherman at WQAD in the mornings. He is going to talk about the changing climate and how that affects farmers and a review of the weather situation. Then we will have Luke Raymond with OSF and he is going to talk about some mental health issues as it relates to agriculture. We will have a break and will follow up with two different panel discussions,” Gavin states.
Registration can be done up until Thursday by calling Midwest Bank at 734-2265.
Panel A 10:15 a.m. – 10:40 a.m.
– Troy Coziahr- Manager Bayer Crop Science Agronomy and Learning Center, Monmouth
– John Gehrke, Farm Loan Chief with the State of Illinois Farm Service Agency
– Krista Swanson- Research Specialist Gardner Ag Policy, University of Illinois
– Mike Pearson – Ag News Daily Podcast and Keynote Speaker
Panel B 10:40 a.m. – 11 a.m.
– Andy Huston- President, American Hemp Research, Roseville IL
– Kent Porter – Porter-Hay Insurance Agency
– Jim Leiting – COO Big River Resources
– Luke Raymond- Manager Behavioral Health Services, OSF Healthcare
Hear more from Gavin on the Ag Seminar below: