Looking at a quick moving snow system late this afternoon and tonight with generally 1-4″.
– This will be a dry, fluffy snow easily blown around. Winds will turn gusty to 35 mph and create blowing and drifting leading to hazardous travel conditions.
– Winter Weather Advisories have been posted starting between 3pm and 6pm and going into Friday AM.
– Even after the snow ends tonight, travel impacts are still expected to linger Friday morning with the blowing/drifting.
– Dangerous wind chills will also redevelop over much of the area Friday AM, and a Wind Chill Advisory has been posted.
– The dangerous cold will intensify with wind chills of 20 below to 40 below zero Friday night/Sat AM and again Sat night/Sunday AM.
***Courtesy of the National Weather Service***